Jungle Kitchen | Cooking Class | Half Day
The itinerary for our Jungle Kitchen half day cooking class starts with a pick-up from your hotel or arranged meeting point at around 2pm.
Reaching Chilling Hill where the Jungle Kitchen | Cooking Class takes place, involves a drive through the green interior of Samui, to a mountain ridge, deep in the Samui jungle. Arriving on site, we first welcome you with a refreshing fruit drink grown in the gardens around the kitchen. Then we take a walk around the beautiful eclectic organic gardens at Chilling Hill. During the walk we can find and harvest some of the fruit, vegetables, herbs and spices used in class.
In the Jungle Kitchen
In the Jungle Kitchen you will learn about the dishes and ingredients used before you prepare for cooking. You will cook three authentic Thai dishes using traditional tools and techniques. Cooking should be finished at around 5pm. Then you will have the time to enjoy your own meal. Following dinner you will have time to explore the beautiful wild garden at Chilling Hill. Alternatively take a short walk to the nearby viewpoint with memorable and romantic views out towards Koh Phangan at sunset. We leave at around 6:30pm to return to your pick up location.
The kitchen and the beautiful wild organic gardens around Chilling Hill are worth a visit in their own right.
This experience includes:
- Jungle Kitchen | Cooking Class | Half Day
- Transfers from and to your place of stay in Chaweng, Bophut, Maenam or Lamai (pickup outside these areas extra 300 THB/person collected on the day of class).
- Drive through the jungle on the road to Chilling Hill.
- Welcome drink and water throughout the class (other soft drinks and alcoholic drinks available from the bar at extra charge).
- Guided walk around the beautiful organic gardens at Chilling Hill to pick ingredients for class.
- Cooking classes run by an experienced English speaking Thai chef.
- All food and ingredients.
- Dinner in the Jungle Kitchen.
- A souvenir gift to take home with you.
Please leave us a note while booking to tell us of any food allergies or dietary restrictions you have. We will take account of that information when planning group menus or substitutes for menu items. We can offer vegetarian alternatives for all dishes but due to the nature of Thai food and cooking, we are not yet ready to offer full vegan alternatives.
The gardens at Chilling Hill are wild and set on a hillside, so please make sure you are wearing sensible shoes if you want to enjoy a walk around the gardens.